Wednesday, August 17, 2011

And...

I wonder if as I age that I have more personal "epiphanies" than others.  At the age of 45, I realize my lack of knowledge about things; always making be feel young as if there is so much life to grab and so much life to live that I can not quench my thirst.   Yet, I see my hands as I write... and realize my age.  Quite the juxtaposition; wouldn't you say?

I am content in my position within the process of "growing up" and do not focus on the "growing old" as others do.  I realize that aging gracefully is actually in the mind and has nothing to do with the body.  Yes...I probably should have used sunscreen and been more careful with my body when it was younger.
That would have taken out part of the fun of actually being younger..don't you think?

So this leaves you to question where this is going.  This adventure in The PRC has allowed me to see myself "within the world" in quite a different way.  Oddly enough, had I not come here first my head would have been too noisy to focus on writing or research.  Being here has taught me how to be more patient, to be comfortable in my skin (for the first time ever) and has shifted my paradigm enough to see myself as a researcher in a different way.

And...that is where we end this blathering... mid thought...because that is where I am as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment